Food Import Clearance Process (FICS) of FSSAI
The Food Import Clearance System (FICS) is an online system which is seamlessly integrated with the customs ICEGate (i.e Indian Customs Electronic Commerce/Electronic Data interchange (EC/EDI) Gateway) through SWIFT (i.e Single Window Interface for facilitating Trade) to allow a single window interface that provides an opportunity to the importers to file an application for easy clearance of food consignments.
- As, it is a web enabled system hence, can be accessed 24*7 by the importers.
- The applicable fees like lab testing fees can be deposited online.
- The appointment for joint Visual Inspection of the consignments also takes place through the same online system.
- The samples are also online referred to the laboratories through FICS.
- It also facilitates auto intimation of No Objection Certificate/Non Conformance Report to the importers & the customs on real time basis.
- It also acts as a repository of all information related to food import data.
- It enables quick & easy generation of reports in different forms/format.
for more info, visit our website